Monday, July 13, 2009

Bon Voyage


JULY 13, 2009

We leave for Brazil tomorrow morning!

I just bought a brand new MacBook for some friends down there, along with a new version of Pro Tools 8. They are going to be on the extreme cutting edge, cause down there, there was only one store in all of bahia that sold or worked on Mac computers (my h
ands down favorite).

We played a wonderful show last Saturday night, hosted by Bill from
Moes Alley. He gave us all the
door, and we raised an extra $2500 for the trip!

Bill also has donated a 3 microphones and this guitar... signed by Buddy Guy among other blues legends:




JULY 6, 2009

This is a whirlwind! I turn 30 years old, now off to brazil. We come home august 1 and then I get married, and honeymoon in Europe for a month. Here is my mama and I sitting right
where I was born 30 years to the minute... july 6, 12:27 pm 1979... Love you mama!

My folks still live in the house they built starting
over 30 years ago in Bolinas, California. I was born there, and lived there for 18 years till I moved to Santa Cruz. My parents got it going in the golden age: I think my dad payed $6,000 for 1/2 an acre in the 60's.

What will I say in 45 years?











JULY 4 GYPSY PARTY IN MENDOCINO.


This party was more than fun. Every aspect was amazing. Aine and I had a blast dressing up, I got to wear EYE LINER!!!! What a treat! There were lanterns everywhere, and everyone was so dressed up it was too good. SambaDá played an awesome set... the music felt good. It was as if we were all living off the land for real, drinking wine out of the barrel, and eating wild boar off of the fire.
They had this great Gypsy Wagon:


What a way to spend the 4th! No fireworks or drunken fights, or cars, just a bunch of gypsies out in an orchard. We believed that we were living the life!

1 comment: